So, at first when you hear the concept of Gogglebox, you just wonder what is the point? We thought the same- we were flicking through channels and came across it and both thought “watching people watch TV- we can just watch the TV ourselves”. But then we watched for five minutes and became a bit addicted to it. Seeing how people react to different TV shows is just really funny (and can be rather worrying too). Now it has moved to prime time Friday night viewing it means I can look forward to it all week too.
So here is what I wonder:
- How much alcohol do the B&B owners actually consume? Is he what we would call a high functioning alcoholic? And how red will his face get by the end of the episode?
- How many tea cosy’s does the vicar own?
- Does the vicar’s dog have a head? All we ever see are the legs.
- How do the two girls from Brixton function with nails that long?
- How much takeaway do two people need (again the girls from Brixton)? And was there really a mouse?
- Is there anyone that Leon actually likes? (Although worryingly we often agree with him!)
- How many times will the guy in Clacton fall asleep?
- Most importantly, will that girl’s boyfriend ever speak?
Are you a Gogglebox fan? And if so, what do you wonder when you watch it?
PS. I started writing this a few weeks ago, but sadly now it is not on, so it might not make sense. If you are wondering there are some old episodes on channel 4 on demand. Go on, give yourself a giggle.